June 26, 2006

Cloudy sky

Rains seem to elude. Skies are cloudy, open up rarely. But there is no reprieve for mothers, they have been crying all over. Yet another kid died, this time due to the negligent doctor. At least one kid gets killed every day. A kid run over by a lorry, father cutting the third daughter into pieces, a kid raped by a neigbhour, negligent doctor letting an ill child die. It seems to me, all mothers secretly dread in their sleep, living in nightmares of untold, impending accidents. Fathers, too, breathe fears, sniffing at probable dangers that his child might encounter. The other day, my son lost control and fell into the well in the backyard -- in a nightmare. I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night, sweating profusely. But , for mothers it is still more difficult. They can empathise with other mothers. So, they are more worried. Seems, some unknown force is out on the prowl, crushing the buds. Kids are being run over by vehicles, swallowed by manholes and succumbed by brainfever and malaria. The Government blames the officials, officials blame the school managements, school managements pass the buck on to the traffic cops, traffic cops show their finger at auto drivers and hooligans who steal manhole lids. It is fathers and mothers of the dead and living kids that suffer. Who cares? Secretly, I wish I could go to all those houses and console the kin, take my son there and let them play with him for some time.

2 comments:

  1. Touching..very much in sync with fears and aprprehensions that I nuruture for my children. What kind of world are they going to live in? As you noted, at times even I wonder if some unseen force is out to nip the buds...
    Truly helpless I end up praying my dear God to make the place a better place for my dear kids and also those of many more like mine, to live in peace and joy...may the pristine and untouched innocence of past be restored...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it's the concern of all parents.

    ReplyDelete

ఏ పార్టీలోకి?

రామయ్య: ఏం, బావా, ఏంటి దీర్ఘంగా ఆలోచిస్తున్నావు? సోమయ్య: ఏం లేదు బావా, ఎవరికి ఓటేద్దామా అని? రామయ్య: అదేంటి నువ్వు ఫలానా నాయకుడి అభి...