July 05, 2006

Painting water and fish

My three-and-half-year-old son seems to have nursing a dream of becoming an artist. He would come to me with his small box of water colours and brush and ask me to fetch him a bowl of water and a notebook. This morning, he repeated this request and I obliged (I have to). After sometime, I saw water all over the page with a few strokes of blue. I scolded him for spoiling the notebook. "Father, this is a painting of a water tank. Don't you know, water tank contains water," he replied. This is not all. He, then, asked me to paint fish. I opened another page and drew a couple of fish. He protested saying, "Father, you should paint the fish in the tank. They can't survive out of water."

7 comments:

  1. That's so sweet. Kids are so smart nowadays.

    Her stay in hospital last year left quite an impression on my daughter. I realised how much when I couldn't decipher a drawing and asked her what it was. She said it was 3 mothers lying in hospital with their babies beside them in cradles - and the mothers were hooked on to IV lines. (She had been on drips when she was there. And she had heard from me that I had been on drips too when she was born.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told my son about Sajajana's art and he was one of those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy writing.
    - Suresh chandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Shirin. Kids are so smart and you need to be more alert when you are dealing them. My about two years old observes me carefully whether I am spending quality time with him or not. If he notices I am not...he will not hesitate to express it...ofcourse, I can understand his own lingo and gestures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful,
    you should share the story of 'Vennela Padava' (boat of moonlight) [i know its a worst translation]. the readers will really love it.

    Jp
    http://japes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. jp,
    thanks. 'll try to share that too.
    kn

    ReplyDelete

ఏ పార్టీలోకి?

రామయ్య: ఏం, బావా, ఏంటి దీర్ఘంగా ఆలోచిస్తున్నావు? సోమయ్య: ఏం లేదు బావా, ఎవరికి ఓటేద్దామా అని? రామయ్య: అదేంటి నువ్వు ఫలానా నాయకుడి అభి...